These are some of the great resources that helped bind my family and that have offered tips on raising children in LGBT families, handing discrimination, and learning the legal structure surrounding gay couples and gay families. My family lives in Wisconsin so many of the resources are state specific, but they can still be utilized to obtain references of resources in other states or to provoke the questions you should ask of the resources you might already have.
- The Law Center for Children & Families - specializes in LGBT family law and life & estate planning
- LaCrosse County Clerk of Court - ("friendly" court in WI)
- Fair Wisconsin - focuses on LGBT rights in WI
- thenextfamily - a Web site for the modern family
- Freedom to Marry - focuses on progressive movement for equal marriage rights for all in the U.S.
Source: Freedom to Marry